[CDBI] Pruning Class::DBI objects from memory that are no longer needed

From: IvorW
Subject: [CDBI] Pruning Class::DBI objects from memory that are no longer needed
Date: 15:16 on 11 Aug 2005
I have had a complaint from one of my Unix admins about a long running process with a large memory footprint.

This is a perl script which trawls a very large database (>200000 rows on the main table + many subsidiary tables).

Is there any way of letting go of the objects completely when I definitely know that I have finished with them? Going out of scope does not seem sufficient. They seem to be being cached indefinitely.

I could revert to a DBI + SQL approach, but I quite like the object structure I now have.

I can follow up with posting code if I need to.

Ivor.

[CDBI] Pruning Class::DBI objects from memory that are no longer needed
IvorW 15:16 on 11 Aug 2005

Generated at 13:17 on 19 Aug 2005 by mariachi v0.52