Re: [CDBI] Connection with a fixed "where" clause.

From: William Ross
Subject: Re: [CDBI] Connection with a fixed "where" clause.
Date: 00:16 on 23 Aug 2005
On 22 Aug 2005, at 08:36, Karl.Moens@xxxxx.xxx wrote:

> Hi ListMembers,
>
> Is it possible to have a class with a fixed "where" clause?

yes...

> I was thinking of the following situation. I have a big database
> with a lot of customer related info (let's say ordering info). I
> would like to have one Catalyst application to access this
> database, but depending on who is using it, they should only be
> able to see the records of one customer only.

...but it's a bad solution, in my opinion. What you're talking about
here is a method, or a set of methods, in the Customer class. It's
not a change to the system-wide search and retrieval mechanisms. All
you need to do is call $customer->orders instead of calling Orders-
 >retrieve_all.

> All I would have to do is to switch to another Model-class if the
> customer changes. The way Catalyst works it would be transparent
> for the rest of the application.

That sounds like a red flag, to me. I don't know catalyst at all, but
shouldn't you be changing your view here, not your model?

will

[CDBI] Connection with a fixed "where" clause.
Karl.Moens 07:36 on 22 Aug 2005

Re: [CDBI] Connection with a fixed "where" clause.
Brian Phillips 11:17 on 22 Aug 2005

Re: [CDBI] Connection with a fixed "where" clause.
merlyn (Randal L. Schwartz) 21:17 on 22 Aug 2005

Re: [CDBI] Connection with a fixed "where" clause.
William Ross 00:16 on 23 Aug 2005

Generated at 10:42 on 28 Aug 2005 by mariachi v0.52