Re: [CDBI] performance?

From: Peter Speltz
Subject: Re: [CDBI] performance?
Date: 17:07 on 27 Aug 2005
 Does doing the same thing  using plain DBI or some other method yield
different results so that you are sure the problem is class dbi.=20
Probably yes and i dont know what the problem would be.  Sorry.
Iteresting though.  ill run it on my system and see what happens.=20
Also is 10 times enough? Most benchmarking scripts i have seen do it
like 500,000 times.
=20
>=20
> On 8/21/05, Josef Chladek <josef@xxxxxxxx.xxx> wrote:
> > i'm trying to find some 'time' in my program. what i am doing is to
> > just retrieve some data for a class (tried it with different classes,
> > always the same behaviour)
> >
> >          my $tstart =3D tv_interval($t0);
> >          eval {$cdbi =3D $class->retrieve($id)};
> >          my $tend =3D tv_interval($t0);
> >          warn "dt_retrieve ", $tend - $tstart;
> >
> > i just loop 10 times over the above code, this results in
> >
> > ......start
> > dt_retrieve 0.004602
> > dt_retrieve 0.004788
> > dt_retrieve 0.050046
> > dt_retrieve 0.006828
> > dt_retrieve 0.004418
> > dt_retrieve 0.004669
> > dt_retrieve 0.004521
> > dt_retrieve 0.014593
> > dt_retrieve 0.007402
> > dt_retrieve 0.015778
> > dt_retrieve 0.017207
> >
> > so i have huge differences (order of 10!) for the SAME $id, why? is
> > this related to the live_index or can i do something in my program to
> > increase the time for retrieving?
> >
> > thanks
> > josef

>=20
>=20
> --
> pjs
>=20

--=20
pjs

[CDBI] performance?
Josef Chladek 09:13 on 21 Aug 2005

[CDBI] performance?
Josef Chladek 09:18 on 21 Aug 2005

Re: [CDBI] performance?
Peter Speltz 17:02 on 27 Aug 2005

Re: [CDBI] performance?
Peter Speltz 17:07 on 27 Aug 2005

Generated at 00:10 on 01 Sep 2005 by mariachi v0.52