RE: [CDBI] Dealing with non-required primary keys

From: Rusty Phillips
Subject: RE: [CDBI] Dealing with non-required primary keys
Date: 02:39 on 04 Sep 2005
> > It's not really important to add a constraint to Class::DBI to handle
> > the typename; the RDBMS will take care of that.  What is important is
> > how to deal with the typeid.
>
> What do you mean - "how to deal with the typeid"?
How to tell Class::DBI that the typeid is a generated by the database upon insertion.

> > So what would you recommend?  Is this a technical feat that can't be
> > accomplished in Class::DBI?  I should mention that "don't use primary
> > keys" isn't really an option.  I need to use primary keys because I'm
> > using quite a few "has_a" relationships in other modules that use the
> > primary keys I'm using.
>
> Is there something preventing you from doing it this way?

"has_a" relationships are used in linking foreign keys to primary keys.
If you don't correctly specify the primary keys, then they don't work.
If this explanation isn't sufficient, you're going to have to expound
upon what you mean by "this way," as I'm taking it to mean "not using
primary keys."

[CDBI] Dealing with non-required primary keys
Rusty Phillips 01:20 on 04 Sep 2005

RE: [CDBI] Dealing with non-required primary keys
Rusty Phillips 02:39 on 04 Sep 2005

Re: [CDBI] Dealing with non-required primary keys
Peter Speltz 10:17 on 04 Sep 2005

Re: [CDBI] Dealing with non-required primary keys
Rusty Phillips 11:24 on 04 Sep 2005

Re: [CDBI] Dealing with non-required primary keys
Peter Speltz 11:44 on 04 Sep 2005

Re: [CDBI] Dealing with non-required primary keys
Peter Speltz 11:46 on 04 Sep 2005

Re: [CDBI] Dealing with non-required primary keys
Rusty Phillips 12:04 on 04 Sep 2005

Re: [CDBI] Dealing with non-required primary keys
Matt S Trout 12:12 on 04 Sep 2005

Generated at 13:57 on 10 Sep 2005 by mariachi v0.52