Re: [CDBI] Recent CPAN releases

From: William Ross
Subject: Re: [CDBI] Recent CPAN releases
Date: 10:09 on 15 Sep 2005
On 15 Sep 2005, at 05:51, Drew Taylor wrote:

> I noticed that there were several recent CDBI releases on CPAN.
> Anyone know if these are ready for production use? The Changes file
> mentions some nifty improvements, like Columns knowing their values
> & fixes to the cache.

Ha! All this competition has certainly been good for the version number.

If you look at the 'release philosophy' section, he says that under
the new scheme, point releases (3.1) are major updates that offer 'a
degree of stability' and sub-points (3.0.5) are more 'cutting edge'.
In other words, we're very much where we were before. 3.0 is
identical to 0.96, 3.0.3 is very much like 0.99, and 3.0.5 is 0.99
with a nice new 'cascading delete strategy' that sounds very useful
but leads to yet more plugins :(

What used to be called version 1 will probably be released as 3.1.0

It's not a huge update, in other words, but it ought to be at least
as stable as 0.96 and the application of Tim Bunce's patch to the
object index alone makes it very worthwhile. I'd go for it.

best

will

[CDBI] Recent CPAN releases
Drew Taylor 04:51 on 15 Sep 2005

Re: [CDBI] Recent CPAN releases
William Ross 10:09 on 15 Sep 2005

Re: [CDBI] Recent CPAN releases
Matt S Trout 13:08 on 15 Sep 2005

Generated at 09:55 on 16 Sep 2005 by mariachi v0.52