Re: [CDBI] Close CDBI DB connection?

From: Steven Mackenzie
Subject: Re: [CDBI] Close CDBI DB connection?
Date: 14:51 on 29 Sep 2005

yoorobot@xxxxx.xxx wrote:
> Class->db_Main->disconnect ?

Yes, thanks, that did the job!

I did search the CPAN doc for "disconnect", and even backing up the doc
hierarchy to Ima::DBI doesn't mention it -- is it a rebellious thing to do?

Stepping through the code I find myself in Ima::DBI and see this:
sub _mk_db_closure {
	my ($class, @connection) = @_;
	my $dbh;
	return sub {
		unless ($dbh && $dbh->FETCH('Active') && $dbh->ping) {
			$dbh = DBI->connect_cached(@connection);
		}
		return $dbh;
	};
}

So I'm getting a random connection from a cache (I guess?), and closing
it. Should I be shutting the cache down instead?

Anyway, thanks, for my current problem you've given me a fine solution,

Steven

[CDBI] Close CDBI DB connection?
Steven Mackenzie 13:35 on 29 Sep 2005

Re: [CDBI] Close CDBI DB connection?
Steven Mackenzie 14:51 on 29 Sep 2005

Re: [CDBI] Close CDBI DB connection?
yoorobot 15:12 on 29 Sep 2005

Generated at 15:06 on 02 Oct 2005 by mariachi v0.52