Re: [CDBI] pass in database name from application

From: Steven Mackenzie
Subject: Re: [CDBI] pass in database name from application
Date: 09:09 on 10 Oct 2005
I think Class::DBI::Factory is the solution to that problem. I'm looking
at using it soon, but haven't yet ...

http://search.cpan.org/~wross/Class-DBI-Factory-0.994/lib/Class/DBI/Factory.pm

Thomas Kwan (eTechfocus) wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> Is there anyone knows how to make a Class::DBI object
> reuseable with multiple databases within the same
> process?
>
> For example, I want to build a User class that extends
> Class::DBI. Then, I want to read a User object from
> database A and a User object from database B, using
> the same User class ideally. Then, I want to compare
> them.
>
> How can I build reuseable DBI object API without hardcoding
> the database name, user id, password, table name in
> the class?
>
> thanks

[CDBI] pass in database name from application
Thomas Kwan \(eTechfocus\) 04:15 on 10 Oct 2005

Re: [CDBI] pass in database name from application
Steven Mackenzie 09:09 on 10 Oct 2005

Re: [CDBI] pass in database name from application
William Ross 09:35 on 10 Oct 2005

[CDBI] Re: pass in database name from application
Edward J. Sabol 19:36 on 10 Oct 2005

Re: [CDBI] Re: pass in database name from application
Christopher H. Laco 19:44 on 10 Oct 2005

Generated at 15:14 on 14 Oct 2005 by mariachi v0.52