[CDBI] Re: aborting transactions and clearing the live object index

From: Edward J. Sabol
Subject: [CDBI] Re: aborting transactions and clearing the live object index
Date: 19:05 on 19 Oct 2005
Bill Moseley wrote:
> I'm using the transaction example from the wiki[1] and one thing
> I'm wondering is if on failed transactions it should do
>
> $class->clear_object_index;
>
> Or, really the question is: is there's a reason that should not be done?

That's an excellent point! Clearing the entire object index seems like
overkill. Ideally, you should only need to clear out the objects that were
affected in the transaction, but I suppose that could be hard to determine in
some cases, so perhaps just clearing the whole object index is the best thing
to do?

[CDBI] Re: aborting transactions and clearing the live object index
Edward J. Sabol 19:05 on 19 Oct 2005

Generated at 19:52 on 24 Oct 2005 by mariachi v0.52