Re: [CDBI] uniqueness of objects in memory??

From: Perrin Harkins
Subject: Re: [CDBI] uniqueness of objects in memory??
Date: 19:52 on 24 Oct 2005
On Mon, 2005-10-24 at 12:35 -0700, Phil Mitchell wrote:
> ==Not sure how to do this in a meaningful way. This is a typical web
> app (on Catalyst) ... so is distributed across MVC. I'll think more
> about this...

The typical thing would be to write a tiny test script that performs the
minimal calls to these classes in order to show the error.  If there's a
bug probably depends on a specific sequence of actions, so there's not
much hope of fixing it if you can't provide the sequence that causes it.

> I didn't realize this was that unusual -- I thought CDBI was set up to
> support inheritance within the model.

I've never seen anything explicit about CDBI supporting that, and it's a
very unusual configuration from what I've seen.  As Chris Laco points
out though, it seems to be working for some people.

> There's a very simple workaround to this particular issue. But does it
> suggest to you that something's hairily wrong?

Well, personally, I always turn off this feature.  You don't really need
it.  It would be nice to find the problem though.

- Perrin

[CDBI] uniqueness of objects in memory??
Phil Mitchell 03:32 on 24 Oct 2005

Re: [CDBI] uniqueness of objects in memory??
Perrin Harkins 16:12 on 24 Oct 2005

Re: [CDBI] uniqueness of objects in memory??
Phil Mitchell 17:42 on 24 Oct 2005

Re: [CDBI] uniqueness of objects in memory??
Perrin Harkins 18:41 on 24 Oct 2005

Re: [CDBI] uniqueness of objects in memory??
Christopher H. Laco 18:53 on 24 Oct 2005

Re: [CDBI] uniqueness of objects in memory??
Phil Mitchell 19:43 on 24 Oct 2005

Re: [CDBI] uniqueness of objects in memory??
William Ross 19:50 on 24 Oct 2005

Re: [CDBI] uniqueness of objects in memory??
Phil Mitchell 19:35 on 24 Oct 2005

Re: [CDBI] uniqueness of objects in memory??
Perrin Harkins 19:52 on 24 Oct 2005

[CDBI] Re: uniqueness of objects in memory??
Edward J. Sabol 19:47 on 24 Oct 2005

Re: [CDBI] Re: uniqueness of objects in memory??
Perrin Harkins 19:54 on 24 Oct 2005

[CDBI] Re: uniqueness of objects in memory??
Edward J. Sabol 20:03 on 24 Oct 2005

Re: [CDBI] Re: uniqueness of objects in memory??
Phil Mitchell 20:18 on 24 Oct 2005

Re: [CDBI] uniqueness of objects in memory??
Christopher H. Laco 19:46 on 24 Oct 2005

Re: [CDBI] uniqueness of objects in memory??
Christopher H. Laco 19:56 on 24 Oct 2005

Re: [CDBI] Re: uniqueness of objects in memory??
Michael Peters 20:23 on 24 Oct 2005

Re: [CDBI] Re: uniqueness of objects in memory??
Phil Mitchell 20:31 on 24 Oct 2005

Re: [CDBI] Re: uniqueness of objects in memory??
Bill Moseley 20:46 on 24 Oct 2005

Re: [CDBI] Re: uniqueness of objects in memory??
Phil Mitchell 21:30 on 24 Oct 2005

Re: [CDBI] Re: uniqueness of objects in memory??
Phil Mitchell 22:07 on 24 Oct 2005

Re: [CDBI] Re: uniqueness of objects in memory??
Perrin Harkins 22:13 on 24 Oct 2005

Re: [CDBI] Re: uniqueness of objects in memory??
Phil Mitchell 23:34 on 24 Oct 2005

Re: [CDBI] Re: uniqueness of objects in memory??
Rod McChesney 03:15 on 25 Oct 2005

Re: [CDBI] Re: uniqueness of objects in memory??
Phil Mitchell 03:48 on 25 Oct 2005

Re: [CDBI] Re: uniqueness of objects in memory??
Perrin Harkins 04:18 on 25 Oct 2005

Re: [CDBI] Re: uniqueness of objects in memory??
Phil Mitchell 06:08 on 25 Oct 2005

Generated at 14:18 on 27 Oct 2005 by mariachi v0.52