Re: [CDBI] Working with tables without primary keys?

From: Left to My Own Devices
Subject: Re: [CDBI] Working with tables without primary keys?
Date: 02:49 on 08 Nov 2005
>  > Given a table like this:
>>
>>  +--------+----------+
>>  | foo_id | foo_name |
>>  +--------+----------+
>>  |      0 | bar-1    |
>>  |      8 | bar-2    |
>>  |      3 | bar-3    |
>>  |      8 | bar-4    |
>>  |      7 | bar-5    |
>>  |      4 | bar-6    |
>>  |      7 | bar-7    |
>>  |      4 | bar-8    |
>>  |      0 | bar-9    |
>>  +--------+----------+
>
>The primary key of that table seems to be (foo_id, foo_name).  At least
>there are no dupes in this sample data.  Just set that as your primary
>key.

foo_name by itself is unique in this sample. If it's guaranteed to be
unique, you could use it as the key.

        --
        Aneel Nazareth -- http://eye-of-newt.com/nazareth --

Re: [CDBI] Working with tables without primary keys?
Perrin Harkins 23:51 on 07 Nov 2005

Re: [CDBI] Working with tables without primary keys?
Perrin Harkins 17:08 on 08 Nov 2005

Re: [CDBI] Working with tables without primary keys?
Perrin Harkins 23:49 on 07 Nov 2005

Re: [CDBI] Working with tables without primary keys?
Left to My Own Devices 02:49 on 08 Nov 2005

RE: [CDBI] Working with tables without primary keys?
Mark Schoonover 03:55 on 08 Nov 2005

RE: [CDBI] Working with tables without primary keys?
Left to My Own Devices 03:12 on 08 Nov 2005

RE: [CDBI] Working with tables without primary keys?
Mark Schoonover 13:16 on 08 Nov 2005

Generated at 20:55 on 09 Nov 2005 by mariachi v0.52