Re: [CDBI] Bug with sequences and the object cache ( I think )

From: Edmund von der Burg
Subject: Re: [CDBI] Bug with sequences and the object cache ( I think )
Date: 21:39 on 09 Nov 2005
On 09/11/05, Perrin Harkins <perrin@xxxx.xxx> wrote:
> The object is not stored in the object index at all when the primary key
> has not been filled in yet.  It can't be, since it has no identity yet.

That is true but is not relevant in this case as I am looking at the
objects after they have been created - hence added to the database. I
believe that CDBI will read the data back from the database after
saving it so that any changes made by the database are reflected. As
the object is read from the database there is a primary key and so it
should go into the index.

There is also the differing behaviour between objects that have a
primary key specified and objects where CDBI assigns the primary key
from a sequence.

My guess is that the code that stores objects that are created does
not store the object if there is no primary key. I would consider this
a bug.

Cheers,
  Edmund.

--
In reality I'm evdb@xxxxxxxxxx.xx.xx - http://ecclestoad.co.uk

[CDBI] Bug with sequences and the object cache ( I think )
Edmund von der Burg 17:06 on 09 Nov 2005

Re: [CDBI] Bug with sequences and the object cache ( I think )
Edmund von der Burg 21:39 on 09 Nov 2005

Generated at 18:17 on 10 Nov 2005 by mariachi v0.52