[CDBI] MySQL and transactions

From: Justin Guenther
Subject: [CDBI] MySQL and transactions
Date: 22:31 on 10 Nov 2005
--===============2025918550==

------=_Part_7488_569463.1131661868357

Hello,

I am using Class::DBI::mysql in transactional mode (i.e. AutoCommit=3D0), a=
nd
have come across a peculiarity/bug.

Even with autocommit disabled, creating an object (i.e.
Class->create({...})) inserts a row into the database before I do a
dbi_commit(). No error messages or warnings are issued, it just silently
inserts into the database.

Basically, I have several classes that have a has-many relationship with
eachother, so if one fails to be created I don't want to have several other
half-constructed objects sitting around -- which is why I wanted to have to
manually commit everything when I'm satisfied it's done.

Am I misunderstanding something about how AutoCommit works?

Thanks,
Justin Guenther

------=_Part_7488_569463.1131661868357

Hello,<br>
I am using Class::DBI::mysql in transactional mode (i.e. AutoCommit=3D0), a=
nd have come across a peculiarity/bug.<br>
Even with autocommit disabled, creating an object (i.e.
Class-&gt;create({...})) inserts a row into the database before I do a
dbi_commit(). No error messages or warnings are issued, it just
silently inserts into the database.<br>
Basically, I have several classes that have a has-many relationship
with eachother, so if one fails to be created I don't want to have
several other half-constructed objects sitting around -- which is why I
wanted to have to manually commit everything when I'm satisfied it's
done.<br>
Am I misunderstanding something about how AutoCommit works?<br>
Thanks,<br>
Justin Guenther<br>

------=_Part_7488_569463.1131661868357--

--===============2025918550==--

[CDBI] MySQL and transactions
Justin Guenther 22:31 on 10 Nov 2005

Re: [CDBI] MySQL and transactions
Perrin Harkins 22:50 on 10 Nov 2005

Re: [CDBI] MySQL and transactions
Justin Guenther 23:02 on 10 Nov 2005

Re: [CDBI] MySQL and transactions
Perrin Harkins 23:10 on 10 Nov 2005

RE: [CDBI] MySQL and transactions
Justin Guenther 00:06 on 11 Nov 2005

Re: [CDBI] MySQL and transactions
John Siracusa 00:19 on 11 Nov 2005

Generated at 21:49 on 21 Nov 2005 by mariachi v0.52