[CDBI] how to debug broken inheritance?

From: Phil Mitchell
Subject: [CDBI] how to debug broken inheritance?
Date: 19:38 on 19 Nov 2005
I've posted about this before:
http://lists.digitalcraftsmen.net/pipermail/classdbi/2005-October/000273.ht=
ml

I have different page classes (Event, Talk, etc.) all of which inherit
from a base Page class, which inherits from my App::DBI class.
Generally this was working fine, except for one class which "refused"
to inherit it's triggers and r'ships. Previously I thought it had
something to do with that subclass defining its own triggers, but now
I have an example of a class with *no* triggers of its own which also
"refuses" to inherit from Page. In fact, this new class is very simple
-- it adds only one has_a rship (to a DateTime object). However, this
class does get used in a lot of other has_a rships in other classes.

This makes me think the problem is not internal to this class... and
I'm at a loss for how to debug. I don't have much knowledge of CDBI
internals -- can anyone suggest where to look to start debugging this?
Why would the inheritance rship get clobbered?

=3D
2People Blog: http://2-people.blogspot.com/
2People site: http://www.2people.org

[CDBI] how to debug broken inheritance?
Phil Mitchell 19:38 on 19 Nov 2005

[CDBI] Re: how to debug broken inheritance?
Edward J. Sabol 02:24 on 20 Nov 2005

Generated at 08:22 on 28 Nov 2005 by mariachi v0.52