Re: [CDBI] Class::DBI and Apache::Session - Why does it work?

From: Brad Bowman
Subject: Re: [CDBI] Class::DBI and Apache::Session - Why does it work?
Date: 00:37 on 03 Dec 2005

>>Is it worth providing Storable hooks to store only the primary key
>>then fetch the object afresh when thawing?
>
> Personally, I would not like that.  If I feed a Class::DBI object to
> Storable, I want it to serialize the whole thing.

Sure.  I'm not suggesting such functionality go in mainline CDBI.
Do you think it's a misfeature even as a plugin?

I considered suggesting hooks to warn when you to serialize with
Storable but there's so many other ways to clone objects that there
seems to be little point.

Brad

        --
           Continue to spur a running horse.                      -- Hagakure

Re: [CDBI] Class::DBI and Apache::Session - Why does it work?
Brad Bowman 00:37 on 03 Dec 2005