Re: [CDBI] Re: has_many relationships and order_by

From: Matt S Trout
Subject: Re: [CDBI] Re: has_many relationships and order_by
Date: 13:20 on 15 Dec 2005
On Thu, Dec 15, 2005 at 12:55:25PM +0000, Dan Rowles wrote:
> Have sent Tony a patch for this, so hopefully he'll include it in the
> next release. My solution was that, if you only have a single hash
> passed in, check to see if it contains keys that are not column names.
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by the "doesn't have support for ordering"
> part of your post. You can do "order_by" in searches - just pass in a
> hash-ref as the last argument, for example:-
>   Class->search(name => "Bob", age => 12, { order_by => "weight" });

No, I'd just forgotten that baseline CDBI can handle order_by, probably
because of its utter inability to handle JOINs, LIMITs, indeed everything
I use on a day-to-day basis *apart* from order_by :)

My mistake, sorry.

[CDBI] has_many relationships and order_by
Dan Rowles 19:49 on 14 Dec 2005

[CDBI] Re: has_many relationships and order_by
Edward J. Sabol 21:43 on 14 Dec 2005

Re: [CDBI] Re: has_many relationships and order_by
Matt S Trout 13:20 on 15 Dec 2005