[CDBI] AutoCommit => 0 with mod_perl 1.3 - weird caching?

From: Brian Gorby
Subject: [CDBI] AutoCommit => 0 with mod_perl 1.3 - weird caching?
Date: 01:05 on 16 Dec 2005
I'm running into interesting behavior when using CDBI with enabled
transactions / MySQL (InnoDB) / mod_perl 1.3.

The web application displays table records via CDBI.

When I manually add a row to the CDBI represented table via the mysql
console, and refresh the web page displaying the table data, I don't
always see the new record data. Sometimes I even see a stale
representation of the table state on the page immediately after seeing a
valid representation table.

Log output shows that it's not a browser caching issue.

If I turn on AutoCommit, everything works as expected.

Are my stale CDBI objects being persisted by mod_perl as a result of
disabling AutoCommit?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

-Brian

[CDBI] AutoCommit => 0 with mod_perl 1.3 - weird caching?
Brian Gorby 01:05 on 16 Dec 2005