Re: [CDBI] How well does Class::DBI scale?

From: Perrin Harkins
Subject: Re: [CDBI] How well does Class::DBI scale?
Date: 05:33 on 19 Dec 2005
On Mon, 2005-12-19 at 10:05 +1100, Rick Welykochy wrote:
> Not really. First off, the SQL logging is vast, i.e. thousands of
> SQLs in some instances. I have yet to delve deep down into the quagmire
> to see what is happeneing exactly, but I fear the %Live_Objects mechanism
> is flakey.

It's not a cache.  It is not intended to save you any database queries.
Just turn it off if it bothers you.  I do.

> Let's say we have one hundred rows the refer to foreign key 86
> in the units table. The units table has a (id,name) pair. I will
> see one hundred SQL requests for (id=86,name) from the database!
> I find this strange if the corresponding Unit object has already
> been _flesh()'d out once.
>
> Note that in the case of this Unit stuff, the only Essential
> column is the primary key. Would this explain the behaviour?

Yes, incorrect keys will cause tons of problems.  Fix your primary key
so that the database and your Class::DBI classes agree on it.

- Perrin

[CDBI] How well does Class::DBI scale?
Rick Welykochy 03:29 on 18 Dec 2005

Re: [CDBI] How well does Class::DBI scale?
Sam Tregar 04:37 on 18 Dec 2005

Re: [CDBI] How well does Class::DBI scale?
Rick Welykochy 05:24 on 18 Dec 2005

Re: [CDBI] How well does Class::DBI scale?
Bill Moseley 14:42 on 18 Dec 2005

Re: [CDBI] How well does Class::DBI scale?
Rick Welykochy 23:05 on 18 Dec 2005

Re: [CDBI] How well does Class::DBI scale?
Perrin Harkins 05:33 on 19 Dec 2005

Re: [CDBI] How well does Class::DBI scale?
Dave Howorth 13:42 on 19 Dec 2005

Re: [CDBI] How well does Class::DBI scale?
Perrin Harkins 17:04 on 19 Dec 2005

Re: [CDBI] How well does Class::DBI scale?
Rick Welykochy 00:41 on 20 Dec 2005

Re: [CDBI] How well does Class::DBI scale?
Perrin Harkins 16:42 on 18 Dec 2005

Re: [CDBI] How well does Class::DBI scale?
Matt S Trout 01:24 on 20 Dec 2005

Re: [CDBI] How well does Class::DBI scale?
John Siracusa 01:37 on 20 Dec 2005

Re: [CDBI] How well does Class::DBI scale?
Rick Welykochy 04:30 on 22 Jan 2006

Re: [CDBI] How well does Class::DBI scale?
Aaron Trevena 15:05 on 22 Jan 2006

Re: [CDBI] How well does Class::DBI scale?
Rick Welykochy 22:56 on 22 Jan 2006

Generated at 09:31 on 23 Jan 2006 by mariachi v0.52