Re: [CDBI] Errors with CDBI

From: Matt S Trout
Subject: Re: [CDBI] Errors with CDBI
Date: 17:17 on 09 Feb 2006
On Thu, Feb 09, 2006 at 10:59:53AM -0600, Ken Youens-Clark wrote:
> CDBI'ers:
>
> I've started really using Class::DBI (3.0.14) on a development server
> at work and have been proselytizing my cow-orkers to convert.  It's
> mostly going very well, but it appears that CDBI errors occasionally
> take down our Apache server.  Specifically, since I added the use of
> CDBI classes to this one CGI script, Apache has been locking up at
> least once or twice a day.  When I look in the error logs just after
> this happens, I see errors like the following:
>
> >Subroutine Gramene::CDBI::Literature::retrieve_all redefined at /
> >usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/Class/DBI/Plugin/RetrieveAll.pm
> >line 88.

That looks like something's re-require-ing your CDBI classes (Apache::Reload,
Module::Refresh or similar), which invariably explodes everywhere in my
experience.

I have reports that DBIx::Class doesn't suffer from this, but I have no
idea why :)

[CDBI] Errors with CDBI
Ken Youens-Clark 16:59 on 09 Feb 2006

Re: [CDBI] Errors with CDBI
Matt S Trout 17:17 on 09 Feb 2006

Generated at 23:19 on 12 Feb 2006 by mariachi v0.52