Re: [CDBI] Beginners problem

From: Ryan Tate
Subject: Re: [CDBI] Beginners problem
Date: 22:57 on 10 Feb 2006
On 2/9/06, Yuval Yaari <yuval@xxxxxx.xxx> wrote:
>  Check the documentation under "LAZY POPULATION",
<snip>
> It will automatically be set to
> 'All' if you don't set it yourself.

And here we see the problem: the documentation is in error here, so
the OP may, in fact, be checking the docs. The OP did not set
Essential, so under the docs you quote he would have good reason to
assume all columns are fetched.

The docs you quote are from the last production-ready version of
Class::DBI, 0.96 aka 3.0.0. The docs say people "who like a degree of
stability" may want to wait for major versions, and the next major
version, 3.1.0, is not out yet.

The docs have been corrected in 3.0.14:

"'Essential' are the minimal set of columns needed to load and use the
object ... It will automatically be set to 'Primary' if not explicitly
set."

But OP may not like to live on the bleeding edge (I know I don't).

I propose that the docs to 0.96 and 3.0.0 be repaired, since this is
the current stable version of CDBI, and this is a significant error.

[CDBI] Beginners problem
Alex Chen 09:31 on 09 Feb 2006

Re: [CDBI] Beginners problem
Yuval Yaari 14:17 on 09 Feb 2006

Re: [CDBI] Beginners problem
Ryan Tate 22:57 on 10 Feb 2006

Generated at 23:19 on 12 Feb 2006 by mariachi v0.52