Re: [CDBI] reconnecting after timeout

From: Jay Strauss
Subject: Re: [CDBI] reconnecting after timeout
Date: 16:10 on 21 Feb 2006

> Ima::DBI calls $dbh->ping and checks $dbh->{Active} before it uses the
> $dbh.
>
> If the connection is dead one of those should return false.
>
> It's always worked beautifully for me on every database I tried it on; what
> DBIx::Class does is extremely similar and I haven't had any problems with
> that either - including our Oracle-based users, a number of whom came from
> CDBI and didn't have this problem there either.
>
> So I'm definitely voting for "not Class::DBI's fault".

You're totally correct.  I just ran a script that manually disconnects, and
watched the DB for the disconnect, and then it selected using CDBI and I got
a new connection.

Maybe I'll stick a manual disconnect into the code and see if that works.  I
don't know why it's not working on my end when the connection is idle (and
the db kills it).

Jay

[CDBI] reconnecting after timeout
Jay Strauss 14:54 on 21 Feb 2006

Re: [CDBI] reconnecting after timeout
Matt S Trout 15:13 on 21 Feb 2006

Re: [CDBI] reconnecting after timeout
Jay Strauss 15:27 on 21 Feb 2006

Re: [CDBI] reconnecting after timeout
Matt S Trout 15:41 on 21 Feb 2006

Re: [CDBI] reconnecting after timeout
Jay Strauss 16:10 on 21 Feb 2006

Re: [CDBI] reconnecting after timeout
Michael Peters 16:19 on 21 Feb 2006

Re: [CDBI] reconnecting after timeout
Tim Bunce 16:50 on 21 Feb 2006

Re: [CDBI] reconnecting after timeout
Jay Strauss 17:53 on 21 Feb 2006

Re: [CDBI] reconnecting after timeout
Jay Strauss 14:57 on 24 Feb 2006

Re: [CDBI] reconnecting after timeout
Jay Strauss 15:46 on 24 Feb 2006

Re: [CDBI] reconnecting after timeout
Jay Strauss 16:20 on 21 Feb 2006

Generated at 12:31 on 28 Feb 2006 by mariachi v0.52