Re: Utterly confused about set_db and db_Main

From: Alexander =?iso-8859-1?Q?Gr=E4fe?=
Subject: Re: Utterly confused about set_db and db_Main
Date: 19:55 on 29 Apr 2004
On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 04:14:05PM -0400, Dana Hudes wrote:

> The question here is one of application system design.
> If you make seperate databases per blogger user and rely on the database
> to keep them separate then you are potentially looking at a source
> of error and confusion if you were to restore from backup.

Well, what I am trying to do is make this app configurable in a way,
that if it ever reaches a releasable state, that I can offer up a
tarball, with a bunch of CDBI derived classes, that the user does not
have to touch and all database configuration is done through %ENV or
another, cleaner way.

Plus, I only need one set of files, even if I set up several completely
different sites, which makes maintenance a lot easier.

I don't think, users should need to poke around in the guts of an
application, just to set up the database connection. (Also they could
wreak havoc in there... :-) )

Regards,
	Alexander Gräfe

Utterly confused about set_db and db_Main
Alexander =?iso-8859-1?Q?Gr=E4fe?= 19:40 on 28 Apr 2004

Re: Utterly confused about set_db and db_Main
Tony Bowden 20:02 on 28 Apr 2004

Re: Utterly confused about set_db and db_Main
Alexander =?iso-8859-1?Q?Gr=E4fe?= 19:47 on 29 Apr 2004

Re: Utterly confused about set_db and db_Main
Vince Veselosky 20:08 on 28 Apr 2004

Re: Utterly confused about set_db and db_Main
Dana Hudes 20:14 on 28 Apr 2004

Re: Utterly confused about set_db and db_Main
Alexander =?iso-8859-1?Q?Gr=E4fe?= 19:55 on 29 Apr 2004