Re: Several databases from the same script

From: Branislav Zahradnik
Subject: Re: Several databases from the same script
Date: 13:26 on 07 Jun 2004
Tony Bowden wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 07, 2004 at 12:59:11PM -0200, Gabor Szabo wrote:
>
>>The only way it could work is if I generated these classes on-the-fly.
>

> Is that a problem?
>
> Alternatively you could supply your own db_Main() method that stores the
> connection information in instance data rather than class data.
>
> Tony

hmm, instance data.
To make it safe, one must know internal structure of Class::DBI (maybe
'use fields' helps).

Every method can make sql request (i mean has_a data), so it's necessary
update some global variable with active handler.

If one try to keep connections out of Class::DBI structures, there is a
risk of not-Essential data fields, so every access method (access method
block) must be preceding with db selector.

Barney

Several databases from the same script
Gabor Szabo 23:24 on 02 Jun 2004

Re: Several databases from the same script
Tony Bowden 07:25 on 03 Jun 2004

Re: Several databases from the same script
Branislav Zahradnik 08:32 on 03 Jun 2004

Re: Several databases from the same script
Tony Bowden 09:16 on 03 Jun 2004

Re: Several databases from the same script
Tony Bowden 10:02 on 07 Jun 2004

Re: Several databases from the same script
Branislav Zahradnik 13:26 on 07 Jun 2004