Table name accessor failure, dependent upon module load order and versions.

From: Randall Lucas
Subject: Table name accessor failure, dependent upon module load order and versions.
Date: 21:11 on 14 Jun 2004
CDBIers,

I have a class that, depending upon where in the list of "use" statments
it falls, occasionally gives its table name thus:

(for HTML-mongering mail clients: even though the table name is properly
set with __PACKAGE__->table('mytable'), the table name returned by the
table method will sometimes be the class name wrapped in xml-style
"table" tags)

This seems to be happening in or near the BEGIN block, and again it
depends upon where in a long list of "use" statements the "use
My::Class" appears.

Ian Kallen reports what I believe is this error here:
http://arachna.com/roller/page/spidaman/20040525  However, something
pernicious about this error is that the fact that the tags wrapping the
class name get munged by HTML mail archives and blogs, so it's difficult
to confirm.

I am in the process of formulating a test case for this issue, but I
wanted to ping the list to see if others have ever experienced something
similar.

Randall

Table name accessor failure, dependent upon module load order and versions.
Randall Lucas 21:11 on 14 Jun 2004