Re: Minimal required Perl version for Class::DBI?

From: colm-cdbi
Subject: Re: Minimal required Perl version for Class::DBI?
Date: 10:45 on 15 Jun 2004
On Tue, Jun 15, 2004 at 12:12:44PM +0200, Joost Diepenmaat wrote:

> does anyone know what the minimal perl version for the current
> Class::DBI release is, and - maybe - if it is possible to get an
> older release from /somewhere/ that works with 5.005?
>
> .. Yes I know it sucks, but this thing is supposed to run in a CGI
> environment on different web-hosts, and you wouldn't believe how many
> ISPs still run perl 5.005 ...

I believe the following kit will work fine with 5.005 :

  o DBI 1.37
  o Class::DBI 0.90
  o Ima::DBI 0.28
  o DBD::mysql latest should be OK

You should be able to get all of them from the CPAN.

Some of the dependencies might be tricky but we still have one 5.005
machine that has this kit and it worked fine last time I checked.

You'll have to accept the fact that you will not be able to do some of
the newer stuff but you will certainly be able to do most of the things
you want to.

HTH,
Colm

Minimal required Perl version for Class::DBI?
Joost Diepenmaat 10:12 on 15 Jun 2004

Re: Minimal required Perl version for Class::DBI?
colm-cdbi 10:45 on 15 Jun 2004

Re: Minimal required Perl version for Class::DBI?
Joost Diepenmaat 10:56 on 15 Jun 2004