Minimal required Perl version for Class::DBI?

From: Joost Diepenmaat
Subject: Minimal required Perl version for Class::DBI?
Date: 10:12 on 15 Jun 2004
Hi everybody,

I'm new to the list, I searched the list archives and googled
around a bit, but couldn't find a definitive answer.

Class::DBI's source claims:

   package Class::DBI::__::Base;

   require 5.00502;

However, the Makefile.PL claims:

   require 5.006;

And with all the required modules, AFAIK you end up with requiring
/at least/ perl 5.6.0. This is a bit of a problem for me, since I'm
writing an application that should have minimal requirements on perl
version, compiled modules etc. Hopefully, it would only require perl
5.005, DBI and DBD::mysql, and then I can bundle all the pure-perl
modules with the app if needed.

So,

does anyone know what the minimal perl version for the current
Class::DBI release is, and - maybe - if it is possible to get an
older release from /somewhere/ that works with 5.005?

.. Yes I know it sucks, but this thing is supposed to run in a CGI
environment on different web-hosts, and you wouldn't believe how many
ISPs still run perl 5.005 ...

Thanks,

Joost Diepenmaat.

Minimal required Perl version for Class::DBI?
Joost Diepenmaat 10:12 on 15 Jun 2004

Re: Minimal required Perl version for Class::DBI?
Joost Diepenmaat 10:56 on 15 Jun 2004