RE: Code Generation in Perl

From: Addison, Mark
Subject: RE: Code Generation in Perl
Date: 11:24 on 16 Jun 2004
-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Bunce Sent: 16 June 2004 09:51

<snip>
>> The database creation scripts are generated automatically, and I use=20
>> Class::DBI to achieve database independence and to make the resulting

>> code more mantainable.
>
>Is there a tool to automatically create the XML from a database schema
>(and so easily 'bootstrap' a new development project)?

If there isn't already a tool then it would be very easy to add
a producer to SQL fairy to do the job. There is already an XML producer,
that makes xml very similar to the example AppML given early, so that
could be quickly tweaked. (Or you could just add a TT template to do it)

Then you could generate the app XML from most databases DDL as well
as YAML :)

http://sourceforge.net/projects/sqlfairy
http://search.cpan.org/~kclark/SQL-Translator-0.05/lib/SQL/Translator.pm

mark
--

This email (and any attachments) is intended solely for the individual(s) t=
o whom addressed. It may contain confidential and/or legally privileged inf=

Independent Television News Limited,=20

Registered No. 548648 England,

VAT Reg. No: GB 756 2995 81,=20

200 Gray's Inn Road, London WC1X 8XZ,