Performance of large queries

From: cdbi-talk
Subject: Performance of large queries
Date: 07:00 on 15 Jul 2004
Hi,

I just started to use Class::DBI. It is a very nice tool and makes database-handling quite easy. But I have a little performance-problem when I use a 'search' that returns a large set of data (e.g. 2000 objects). In this case the use of Class::DBI slows down the program by a factor of 3-4.

But in this case I don't need objects to be returned as I don't want to modify them; I simply want to retrieve the data. Is there a way to tell Class::DBI to return either the sth-object or is there an other way to improve the performance of the search?

TIA, Olf

Performance of large queries
cdbi-talk 07:00 on 15 Jul 2004

Re: Performance of large queries