Re: Comment on ContainerCache?

From: Perrin Harkins
Subject: Re: Comment on ContainerCache?
Date: 19:12 on 16 Jul 2004
On Fri, 2004-07-16 at 05:42, Tim Bunce wrote:
> I've plans to generalise the caching mechanism. It should be easy for
> a class to specify or implement a wide range of caching behaviours
> (not just high/low-watermark but also max-age and others).
> The internals need to change a little to make it easy to do such
> things as plugins.

I have some plans for improving the (currently not so great) state of
cache modules on CPAN.  The idea would be to provide a good pluggable
cache API that Class::DBI (and anything else) can use.  I don't see the
point in LRU or any other size-based cache expiration for disk-based
caches, but memory-based ones could use it.

So, if you work on it from the Class::DBI side and I work on it from the
cache API side, we can hopefully make it meet in the middle.

- Perrin

Comment on ContainerCache?
Heiko Klein 06:27 on 16 Jul 2004

Re: Comment on ContainerCache?