object cache/index multiple apps -- best practice?

From: Matt Sisk
Subject: object cache/index multiple apps -- best practice?
Date: 01:53 on 19 Jul 2004
Hello all,

Not so long ago there was a discussion about how to handle object
cacheing within mod_perl. I'm having similar issues, but it's not a
mod_perl environment.

I've got several programs running simultaneously, and each program needs
to be aware of updates to the database that the others might make. In
particular this manifests itself during some of my application-level
testing (that is, one script is running another script and checking the
results by comparing fetches before and after).

It's not a huge deal once I finally realized that clearing the object
index before searching will clear up any synchronization problems.

I'm just wondering if there's a magic bullet, best practice solution for
this. Can it be disabled  entirely if desired?

(I'm not objecting to the object index -- I see its purpose. But it's
not always appropriate under all circumstances).

Thanks,
Matt

object cache/index multiple apps -- best practice?
Matt Sisk 01:53 on 19 Jul 2004

Re: object cache/index multiple apps -- best practice?
Siamak Pazirandeh 18:46 on 19 Jul 2004