Live_Object interaction with VIEWs

From: Paul Makepeace
Subject: Live_Object interaction with VIEWs
Date: 18:24 on 29 Jul 2004
<aol>
"Aiiiieeeeee!!!"
Upgraded to 0.96 and have added myself to the ranks of the bitten.
</aol>

I have two classes: one that is a view, and one that is a real table
that is part of the former's view. I ->update the real table and then
pull out the row again via the view. CDBI is providing me with the
old row via the Live_Objects cache, I discover after some quality
time in perl -d.

Sorry to ask this since I'm sure it's come up - I've just been trying to
catch up after a few months and a bit daunted by the volume of
discussion and patches flying around. Is there an emerging or emerged
best practice on this view-of-an-existing-table pattern?

(Should I perhaps just revert to 0.95 right now? If there's some patches
that would solve this are they online e.g. wiki? Message-ID would be
fine too.)

Thanks,
Paul

        --
        Paul Makepeace .............................. http://paulm.com/inchoate/

"If she comes home tonight, then all the world would be my soup."
   -- http://paulm.com/toys/surrealism/

Live_Object interaction with VIEWs
Paul Makepeace 18:24 on 29 Jul 2004

Re: Live_Object interaction with VIEWs