Re: Live_Object interaction with VIEWs

From: Perrin Harkins
Subject: Re: Live_Object interaction with VIEWs
Date: 19:05 on 29 Jul 2004
Paul Makepeace said:
> I have two classes: one that is a view, and one that is a real table
> that is part of the former's view. I ->update the real table and then
> pull out the row again via the view. CDBI is providing me with the old
> row via the Live_Objects cache, I discover after some quality
> time in perl -d.

This probably is not related to using a view.  The problem is most likely
that you are not letting the object holding the row go out of scope before
querying for it again.  If you show us some code, we can probably tell you
a few easy ways to fix it.
The technique for skipping the object index for a specific object is
documented in the Class::DBI pod, and the way to turn off the object index
completely has been shown a few times on the list.  Here it is:
$Class::DBI::Weaken_Is_Available = 0;

- Perrin

Live_Object interaction with VIEWs
Paul Makepeace 18:24 on 29 Jul 2004