CDBI::Loader and plugins

From: Stephen Quinney
Subject: CDBI::Loader and plugins
Date: 13:48 on 02 Aug 2004
I am trying out CDBI::Loader and CDBI::Loader::Relationship for my
latest project and I have got it mostly working the way I want. I love
the fact that I can reduce the representation of the database down to
just a few lines and do not have to manually create a separate class
for each table anymore.

The problem I have come across though, and others have as well from
what I see in the mailing list, is how to enable CDBI plugins such as
AbstractSearch, RetrieveAll, etc..

I saw a suggestion of going through each class and evalling the
"require" of the plugins in each package context, like:

From: Kingsley Kerce <kingsley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 16:27:51 -0400
Subject: Class::DBI::Plugin::RetrieveAll and Class::DBI::Loader

      foreach my $class ($loader->classes) {
        eval "package $class;
              use Class::DBI::Plugin::RetrieveAll;
        ";
      }

but this seems like a bit of an ugly hack, there has to be a nicer way
(it might not have been written yet, of course). Anyone have thoughts
on how to resolve/improve this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Stephen Quinney

CDBI::Loader and plugins