Re: loading many objects from one query

From: Tim Bunce
Subject: Re: loading many objects from one query
Date: 16:07 on 14 Sep 2004
On Tue, Sep 14, 2004 at 10:21:41AM -0400, Perrin Harkins wrote:
> Tim Bunce wrote:
> >>The tricky
> >>part would be making the relationship accessors use an in-memory cache
> >>instead of the database.  I would suggest doing that part by writing
> >>your own relationship type that looks at a cache first and then calls
> >>the normal has_many relationship code if it doesn't find anything.
> >

> >Umm. Seems like a bug/limitation of the caching code that construct() isn't
> >integrated with it in some way. Currently all uses of sth_to_objects()
> >don't consider the cache at all.
>
> That's because there is no cache. :)
>
> The existing object index is only intended to avoid having duplicates of
> the same object in memory.  Caching relationships and avoiding database
> hits is outside of that.

The existing object index does not avoid having duplicates of the
same object in memory if those duplicates are created via sth_to_objects.

Tim.

Andrew Pimlott 01:05 on 14 Sep 2004

Re: loading many objects from one query
Perrin Harkins 02:22 on 14 Sep 2004

Re: loading many objects from one query
Tim Bunce 09:09 on 14 Sep 2004

Re: loading many objects from one query
Perrin Harkins 14:21 on 14 Sep 2004

Re: loading many objects from one query
Tim Bunce 16:07 on 14 Sep 2004

Re: loading many objects from one query
Perrin Harkins 16:12 on 14 Sep 2004

Re: loading many objects from one query
Andrew Pimlott 23:05 on 14 Sep 2004

Re: loading many objects from one query
Perrin Harkins 23:22 on 14 Sep 2004

Re: loading many objects from one query
Todd Lorenz 16:13 on 14 Sep 2004

Re: loading many objects from one query
Tim Bunce 13:52 on 15 Sep 2004

Re: loading many objects from one query
Perrin Harkins 15:22 on 15 Sep 2004

Re: loading many objects from one query
merlyn (Randal L. Schwartz) 17:10 on 16 Sep 2004

Re: loading many objects from one query
Andrew Pimlott 19:17 on 16 Sep 2004

Re: loading many objects from one query
Tim Bunce 17:36 on 14 Sep 2004