Re: Trigger select does not trigger on TEMP fields

From: William McKee
Subject: Re: Trigger select does not trigger on TEMP fields
Date: 14:35 on 17 Sep 2004
Hi Charles and Tony,

I'm finally getting back to this old thread regarding trigger select not
firing when a TEMP field is selected. For background, I have a class
that loads data into temp fields via a trigger select. Due to lazy
If I try to access one of the temporary fields *before* accessing a
regular field, it returns an empty value instead of what would be loaded
if the select trigger had fired.

I tried Charles' patch but it caused my tests to freeze before even
getting to the point where I try to access a temporary column. I presume
that moving that trigger call is gumming up the works of CDBI somewhere
early.

This is still an issue for me so any further suggestions would be
appreciated. My workaround for now is to load a regular column before
accessing the temporary column(s). Is there a CDBI method I can call to
force the select trigger to load?

Thanks,
William

        --
        Knowmad Services Inc.
http://www.knowmad.com

Trigger select does not trigger on TEMP fields
William McKee 20:30 on 25 Jun 2004

Re: Trigger select does not trigger on TEMP fields
Charles Bailey 22:31 on 25 Jun 2004

Re: Trigger select does not trigger on TEMP fields
William McKee 14:35 on 17 Sep 2004

Re: Trigger select does not trigger on TEMP fields
Charles Bailey 20:29 on 17 Sep 2004

Re: Trigger select does not trigger on TEMP fields
William McKee 14:29 on 20 Sep 2004

Re: Trigger select does not trigger on TEMP fields
William McKee 11:43 on 26 Jun 2004