Re: Trigger select does not trigger on TEMP fields

From: Charles Bailey
Subject: Re: Trigger select does not trigger on TEMP fields
Date: 20:29 on 17 Sep 2004
--On Friday, September 17, 2004 10:35 AM -0400 William McKee
<william@xxxxxxx.xxx> wrote:

> Hi Charles and Tony,
>
> I'm finally getting back to this old thread regarding trigger select not
> firing when a TEMP field is selected. For background, I have a class
> that loads data into temp fields via a trigger select. Due to lazy
> If I try to access one of the temporary fields *before* accessing a
> regular field, it returns an empty value instead of what would be loaded
> if the select trigger had fired.
>
> I tried Charles' patch but it caused my tests to freeze before even
> getting to the point where I try to access a temporary column. I presume
> that moving that trigger call is gumming up the works of CDBI somewhere
> early.

Well, drat.  Is it spinning, or deadlocked?  Can the debugger tell you
where it hangs up?

> This is still an issue for me so any further suggestions would be
> appreciated. My workaround for now is to load a regular column before
> accessing the temporary column(s). Is there a CDBI method I can call to
> force the select trigger to load?

As long as the trigger has the data it needs to operate, you can say

    $obj->call_trigger('select');

to invoke its select triggers directly.

--
Regards,
Charles Bailey  < bailey _at_ newman _dot_ upenn _dot_ edu >

Trigger select does not trigger on TEMP fields
William McKee 20:30 on 25 Jun 2004

Re: Trigger select does not trigger on TEMP fields
Charles Bailey 22:31 on 25 Jun 2004

Re: Trigger select does not trigger on TEMP fields
William McKee 14:35 on 17 Sep 2004

Re: Trigger select does not trigger on TEMP fields
Charles Bailey 20:29 on 17 Sep 2004

Re: Trigger select does not trigger on TEMP fields
William McKee 14:29 on 20 Sep 2004

Re: Trigger select does not trigger on TEMP fields
William McKee 11:43 on 26 Jun 2004