Re: Warning if primary key is changed (was Re: Ignorance prevention)

From: Tony Bowden
Subject: Re: Warning if primary key is changed (was Re: Ignorance prevention)
Date: 01:30 on 08 Oct 2004
On Thu, Oct 07, 2004 at 06:40:32PM -0400, William McKee wrote:
> I'm not sure where the method generation code is located

_mk_column_accessors(). It goes over all the columns and calls
make_accessor (or make_ro_accessor) in Class::Accessor for us.

I'd much rather this happened at this stage, as it can do the right
thing at compile time, rather than having an extra check every time you
set a value.[1]

It should just be a matter of adding an extra conditional to the
pre-existing check for whether the method should be read only.

Tony

[1] See - I can care about performance too :)

(message missing)

Ignorance prevention
William McKee 11:59 on 16 Sep 2004

Re: Ignorance prevention
Perrin Harkins 14:12 on 16 Sep 2004

Re: Warning if primary key is changed (was Re: Ignorance prevention)
Tony Bowden 01:30 on 08 Oct 2004