Re: Date & times in PKs

From: Tony Bowden
Subject: Re: Date & times in PKs
Date: 15:12 on 19 Oct 2004
On Tue, Oct 19, 2004 at 03:29:43PM +0100, Paul Makepeace wrote:
> Though, I have the impression that putting {in,de}flates on primary keys
> is a bad idea and indeed trying it is producing some (intermittent)
> "can't bind a reference" errors.

Are you using Pg? I think there was a patch a while back to fix that
problem there.

But yes, inflating parts of PKs does cause occassional problems.

I have a cunning plan to fix this. But I'm really not finding the time
at the minute. :(

I've been building up to it for several versions of CDBI now, and I'm
just about ready to switch to an approach where the "values" in the
object are actually objects, which can have methods for all the various
ways we want the data: current 'raw' value, inflated value, value from the
database, etc.

This is sort of half-done at the moment, but I ran into some problems,
and haven't had a chance to finish it off.

Anyone fancy getting their hands really dirty and winning the praise and
admiration of the Class::DBI community? :)

Tony

Date & times in PKs
Paul Makepeace 14:29 on 19 Oct 2004

Re: Date & times in PKs