Re: compile error on perl5.005_03

From: lists
Subject: Re: compile error on perl5.005_03
Date: 21:36 on 22 Oct 2004
On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 lists@xxxxxxxx.xxx wrote:

> I just installed Class::DBI manually and can 'use' it fine on perl5.8.
> But perl5.005_03, the default on my system and what I use for most
> scripting, dies trying to compile Class::DBI

It has been helpfully pointed out to me that the Changes file in the
Class::DBI distribution indicates that version 0.95 "Now requires Perl 5.6
or greater." I shall attempt downgrading to Class::DBI 0.90 as my friendly
administrator has only compiled DBD::mysql for 5.005_03.

I will also humbly suggest that line 3 of Class::DBI, "require 5.00502;",
be updated. I assume CPAN PODs are not the appropriate place for perl
prereqs or this information would already be there. In the future I shall
consult 'Changes' (and maybe even configure things properly so that I or
CPAN.pm can 'make','make install','make test' etc).

Thanks for the help,
-Ryan

compile error on perl5.005_03
lists 20:23 on 22 Oct 2004