Re: the case of construct() and the missing database row

From: Tony Bowden
Subject: Re: the case of construct() and the missing database row
Date: 14:32 on 24 Oct 2004
On Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 03:07:45PM +0100, Tim Bunce wrote:
> > > It might not be an official pre-req but if it's not installed lots
> > > of tests are skipped complaining that DBD::SQLite isn't installed.
> > That's because it's generally bad form to require modules that are only
> > needed for testing...
> Sure. My point was simply that DBD::SQLite does have "special status"
> because it's used in the tests, so many people would have installed it,
> so adding a warning is justified.

I'm thinking more of the people who, for whatever reason, can't install
SQLite. They shouldn't be made to think that CDBI depends on it...

That said, there have been 15 releases since DBD::SQLite 0.25, where
this bug was fixed, so I think it's fairly safe to rely on the behaviour!

I've updated the code.

Tony

(message missing)

the case of construct() and the missing database row
Patrick Michael Kane 10:39 on 15 Jul 2004

Re: the case of construct() and the missing database row
Patrick Michael Kane 11:08 on 15 Jul 2004

Re: the case of construct() and the missing database row
Tony Bowden 14:32 on 24 Oct 2004