Web site building [was Data Validation]

From: Jay Strauss
Subject: Web site building [was Data Validation]
Date: 18:40 on 10 Nov 2004
<Off topic>

Please, I do not want to start a religious war, not my intention.  But
with all the talk about MVC and web frameworks, I'd like to ask:

If I'm using CDBI against Oracle, and I want to build a new website that
will do some CRUD, most of which will be 1 screen - 1 table,
occasionally 1 screen - multiple tables, and 1 screen - multiple rows.
What frameworks should I review? Why?

I'm currently trying to get a maypole/TT/Modperl environment up and
running.  I suspect I may have some issues with this because maypole
doesn't seem to work with Oracle as nicely as it might with MySQL or
Postgres.

I just want to avoid heading down a dead end.

Ideally, I'd like to do ticket authentication, setup a security
metamodel that would allow navigation (and possibly determine the links
that appear on a page...)  something along the lines of:

User --< User_Role >-- Role --< Role_Screen >--- Screen

so that I could add screens to roles, then user's could access those
screens if they are part of that role.

Anyway, your thoughts are appreciated
Jay

Web site building [was Data Validation]