Re: Class::DBI::Factory and Apache::DBI don't play nice

From: William Ross
Subject: Re: Class::DBI::Factory and Apache::DBI don't play nice
Date: 21:21 on 21 Nov 2004
On 21 Nov 2004, at 03:12, Perrin Harkins wrote:

> William Ross wrote:
>> The version of CDF that's on CPAN isn't up to date with Perrin's
>> object cache. You need to add a:
>> $Class::DBI::Weaken_Is_Available = 0;     # disables unique-object
>> stash
>
> Why is that?  Because the object index is class data but CDF is
> changing the database underneath?  Maybe we could incorporate a unique
> identifier for the database connection into the object index key.

Exactly that, yes. And an arbitrary connection-identifier would suit
CDF's way of doing things very well, but perhaps it would be simpler
just to route everything through an object_index accessor that can be
overridden?

>> It also, separately, doesn't get on with Apache::DBI. I believe
>> that's a general issue with Ima::DBI and Apache::DBI disagreeing
>> about the caching of handles and not something that I've introduced,
>> but if anyone would like to disagree I'd be delighted to fix it.
>
> It's probably not your fault, but you'd have to describe the problem
> to be sure.  The big issue with Apache::DBI and Ima::DBI is that
> Ima::DBI caches the handles in closures and doesn't go back to
> Apache::DBI when you ask for them again, so the cleanup handler with
> the automatic rollback for transactional databases doesn't get pushed
> onto the stack by Apache::DBI.

Yes. CDF makes its own call to Ima::DBI->_mk_db_closure, in order to
provide the kind of enclosured DBIx::ContextualFetch object that cdbi
expects, so it will definitely inherit those problems but hopefully add
no more of its own.

thanks

will

(message missing)

Class::DBI::Factory and Apache::DBI don't play nice
Alexander =?iso-8859-1?Q?Gr=E4fe?= 21:34 on 19 Nov 2004

Re: Class::DBI::Factory and Apache::DBI don't play nice
Alexander =?iso-8859-1?Q?Gr=E4fe?= 22:35 on 19 Nov 2004

Re: Class::DBI::Factory and Apache::DBI don't play nice
Alexander =?iso-8859-1?Q?Gr=E4fe?= 08:13 on 20 Nov 2004

Re: Class::DBI::Factory and Apache::DBI don't play nice
William Ross 21:21 on 21 Nov 2004