Re: patch Re: trigger documentation bug?

From: Tim Bunce
Subject: Re: patch Re: trigger documentation bug?
Date: 22:34 on 22 Dec 2004
On Wed, Dec 22, 2004 at 02:07:59PM -0800, Ryan Tate wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Nov 2004, Tim Bunce wrote:
> >Send a patch.
>
> This patch fixes the trigger documentation bug documented in my message to
> the list in late November. URL:
>
> http://groups.kasei.com/mail/arc/cdbi-talk/2004-11/msg00159.html

Thanks.

> In addition, it adds a single sentence documenting the parameters supplied
> to the trigger before_set_$column.
>
> My diff (on SunOS 5.8) does not support -u or -B, so I hope this works. I
> trust if it does not someone will email me:

diff -C (context) is the one to use.

Tim.

> apocalypse.OCF.Berkeley.EDU [169] diff -b DBI.pm MyDBI.pm
> 1786,1788c1786
> < specify the order in which they will be run. Each will be passed the
> < object being dealt with (whose values you may change if required),
> < and return values will be ignored.
> ---
> >specify the order in which they will be run.
> 1790,1792c1788,1791
> < All triggers are passed the object they are being fired for.
> < Some triggers are also passed extra parameters as name-value pairs.
> < The individual triggers are documented with the methods that trigger them.
> ---
> >All triggers are passed the object they are being fired for, except
> >when before_set_$column is fired during L</create>, in which case the
> >class is passed in place of the object, which does not yet exist.  You
> >may change object values if required.
> 1793a1793,1796
> >Some triggers are also passed extra parameters as name-value
> >pairs. The individual triggers are further documented with the methods
> >that trigger them.
> >
> 1976,1978c1979,1980
> < checking any constraints that may have been set up. The
> < C<after_set_$column> trigger is invoked after the new value has been
> < stored.
> ---
> >checking any constraints that may have been set up, and is passed:
> >($self, $new_value => {$column => $new_value}).
> 1979a1982,1984
> >The C<after_set_$column> trigger is invoked after the new value has
> >been stored.

trigger documentation bug?
Ryan Tate 23:38 on 28 Nov 2004

Re: trigger documentation bug?
Tim Bunce 09:33 on 29 Nov 2004

patch Re: trigger documentation bug?
Ryan Tate 22:07 on 22 Dec 2004

Re: patch Re: trigger documentation bug?
Tim Bunce 22:34 on 22 Dec 2004

Generated at 12:15 on 16 Jan 2005 by mariachi v0.52