Re: columns not getting updated with Class::DBI::FromCGI

From: Luke Valenty
Subject: Re: columns not getting updated with Class::DBI::FromCGI
Date: 16:52 on 07 Jan 2005
Hi William,

Your version assumptions are correct, however, I do not believe it is a problem
with the object cache.  I had previously tested this by inserted a few
$obj->set($col, $data) methods into my template to check whether the
$data was being inserted into the $col.  Those manual updates had worked
by using the set() method and the column's own mutator method.  I also tried
using the column names exactly as they are and all lower-case versions.

It seems to me there is an issue with Class::DBI::FromCGI not updating the
data properly, or some misuse of it on my part.

Thanks for the tips!  I will continue my search.

On Fri, Jan 07, 2005 at 11:23:57AM -0500, William McKee wrote:
> Hi Luke,
>
> You didn't mention what version of CDBI are you using. Also you didn't
> say how you were using it. I'm going to presume you are using 0.96 and
> that you are running in a persistent environment such as mod_perl since
> you mention Mason.
>
> If these are accurate assumptions, then my guess is that you're running
> into the Live_Objects index problem. In a nutshell, you are somehow
> caching your CDBI object (probably through an accidental closure). See
> the last entry in the CommonProblems node on wiki[1] for some suggested
> solutions. Also search the archives for terms such as Live_Objects and
> clear_object_index for more details.
>
> HTH,
> William
>
> [1] http://www.class-dbi.com/cgi-bin/wiki/index.cgi?CommonProblems
>
> --
> Knowmad Services Inc.
> http://www.knowmad.com
----
Luke

Re: columns not getting updated with Class::DBI::FromCGI
Luke Valenty 16:52 on 07 Jan 2005

Generated at 12:15 on 16 Jan 2005 by mariachi v0.52