Re: Reblessing question: change primary key name?

From: merlyn (Randal L. Schwartz)
Subject: Re: Reblessing question: change primary key name?
Date: 01:07 on 10 Jan 2005
>>>>> "Dmitri" == Dmitri Bichko <dbichko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxx> writes:

Dmitri> I'm trying to rebless an retrieved C:DBI object into a
Dmitri> subclass of its original class that adds some (non-Essential)
Dmitri> columns, removes some columns (no problems with those two) and
Dmitri> changes the name of the primary key (that one's a problem).

This sounds like you want a decorator, not a mutation.  Wrap an object
around this one that adjusts the plumbing in and out.

Otherwise, it sounds to me like:

        I have a car, but what I'd really like is a boat, so I'm going
        to pull off the wheels, make it waterproof, and give it a
        rudder.  But, I'll keep my car registration, since they're
        cheaper than boat registrations.

If I'm missing something, let me know.  The word "rebless" is almost
always a danger sign.

<merlyn@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>

Reblessing question: change primary key name?
Dmitri Bichko 23:33 on 09 Jan 2005

Re: Reblessing question: change primary key name?
Perrin Harkins 00:05 on 10 Jan 2005

RE: Reblessing question: change primary key name?
Dmitri Bichko 00:34 on 10 Jan 2005

Re: Reblessing question: change primary key name?
Perrin Harkins 03:29 on 10 Jan 2005

RE: Reblessing question: change primary key name?
Dmitri Bichko 00:57 on 10 Jan 2005

Re: Reblessing question: change primary key name?
merlyn (Randal L. Schwartz) 01:07 on 10 Jan 2005

RE: Reblessing question: change primary key name?
Dmitri Bichko 03:30 on 10 Jan 2005

Generated at 12:48 on 22 Feb 2005 by mariachi v0.52