Re: Reblessing question: change primary key name?

From: Perrin Harkins
Subject: Re: Reblessing question: change primary key name?
Date: 03:29 on 10 Jan 2005
Glad to hear you got it working.

For reference, my simple solution to inheritance with CDBI is to have my
superclass include just the columns I need to determine the type of
object (primary key and a class ID), and override retrieve() to fetch
that data, figure out which class this really is, and then just pass the
  primary key to a retrieve() call on the right class.  It has more db
interaction than your approach, but is also safer from changes in the
internals.  I use a single table for all of the subclasses, so I don't
need to do any acrobatics once I know which class I'm dealing with.

- Perrin

Reblessing question: change primary key name?
Dmitri Bichko 23:33 on 09 Jan 2005

Re: Reblessing question: change primary key name?
Perrin Harkins 00:05 on 10 Jan 2005

RE: Reblessing question: change primary key name?
Dmitri Bichko 00:34 on 10 Jan 2005

Re: Reblessing question: change primary key name?
Perrin Harkins 03:29 on 10 Jan 2005

RE: Reblessing question: change primary key name?
Dmitri Bichko 00:57 on 10 Jan 2005

Re: Reblessing question: change primary key name?
merlyn (Randal L. Schwartz) 01:07 on 10 Jan 2005

RE: Reblessing question: change primary key name?
Dmitri Bichko 03:30 on 10 Jan 2005

Generated at 12:48 on 22 Feb 2005 by mariachi v0.52