"Dynamic" database handles?

From: Daniel Collis Puro
Subject: "Dynamic" database handles?
Date: 23:44 on 22 Jan 2005
Folks,

I'm looking to use Class::DBI in an application where the DB connection
info is passed in at run time. I'm building a generic e-commerce system
around CGI::Application, HTML::Template and a few of my other favorite
modules.

The idea is I'd set up the relationships between tables in separate
classes via Class::DBI and then use the CDBI classes in my
CGI::Application modules along with Class::DBI::AsForm.

I must be dense, because I can't figure out a clean way to pass a DBI
handle or DSN info at run time, and I want this system to be generic
enough to completely avoid hard-coding database connections.

What am I missing? This is all meant to run under mod_perl, so please
keep this in mind.

-DJCP

        --
        Dan Collis Puro
Chief Engineer

(message missing)

"Dynamic" database handles?
Daniel Collis Puro 23:44 on 22 Jan 2005

Re: "Dynamic" database handles?
Matt S Trout 00:20 on 23 Jan 2005

Re: "Dynamic" database handles?
Daniel Collis Puro 00:39 on 23 Jan 2005

Re: "Dynamic" database handles?
Jason Gessner 00:47 on 23 Jan 2005

Re: "Dynamic" database handles?
Perrin Harkins 01:04 on 23 Jan 2005

Re: "Dynamic" database handles?
William McKee 16:03 on 24 Jan 2005

Re: "Dynamic" database handles?
Dana Hudes 16:17 on 24 Jan 2005

Re: "Dynamic" database handles?
jason 18:59 on 24 Jan 2005

Re: "Dynamic" database handles?
Michael Graham 19:01 on 24 Jan 2005

Re: "Dynamic" database handles?
Perrin Harkins 00:50 on 23 Jan 2005

Re: "Dynamic" database handles?
jason 19:24 on 24 Jan 2005

Re: "Dynamic" database handles?
Michael Graham 21:39 on 24 Jan 2005

Generated at 17:42 on 27 Jan 2005 by mariachi v0.52