Re: "Dynamic" database handles?

From: William McKee
Subject: Re: "Dynamic" database handles?
Date: 16:03 on 24 Jan 2005
On Sat, Jan 22, 2005 at 06:47:18PM -0600, Jason Gessner wrote:
> The problem with C::DBI is that your connection is a module variable
> and is never reinitialized (unless you force it to be).  What this
> means is that Virtual host A will start accessing Virtual host B's
> database if that particular apache child has already been used against
> virtual host A.  Sucks.

But doesn't this assume that you are using the same module to access
different databases? If you use a different namespace for each database
table you are accessing, I would think you'd be spared these headaches.
I know this is not always feasible, esp. for the type of application
that the OP was describing.

William

        --
        Knowmad Services Inc.
http://www.knowmad.com

(message missing)

"Dynamic" database handles?
Daniel Collis Puro 23:44 on 22 Jan 2005

Re: "Dynamic" database handles?
Matt S Trout 00:20 on 23 Jan 2005

Re: "Dynamic" database handles?
Daniel Collis Puro 00:39 on 23 Jan 2005

Re: "Dynamic" database handles?
Jason Gessner 00:47 on 23 Jan 2005

Re: "Dynamic" database handles?
Perrin Harkins 01:04 on 23 Jan 2005

Re: "Dynamic" database handles?
William McKee 16:03 on 24 Jan 2005

Re: "Dynamic" database handles?
Dana Hudes 16:17 on 24 Jan 2005

Re: "Dynamic" database handles?
jason 18:59 on 24 Jan 2005

Re: "Dynamic" database handles?
Michael Graham 19:01 on 24 Jan 2005

Re: "Dynamic" database handles?
Perrin Harkins 00:50 on 23 Jan 2005

Re: "Dynamic" database handles?
jason 19:24 on 24 Jan 2005

Re: "Dynamic" database handles?
Michael Graham 21:39 on 24 Jan 2005

Generated at 17:42 on 27 Jan 2005 by mariachi v0.52