Re: Postgresql VIEWs

From: Kingsley Kerce
Subject: Re: Postgresql VIEWs
Date: 16:27 on 01 Feb 2005
jtocci@xxxxxx.xxx writes:
 > I'm having trouble setting up Class::DBI on a database VIEW. I have
 > no problem with TABLEs. I've set up RULEs that will take care of
 > create, update and delete actions, so Class DBI can expect it to
 > work as if it were a TABLE, but I'm not getting it to compile.
 >
 > Is there something simple I need to do differently to access a VIEW
 > like a TABLE? I haven't found any documentation anywhere.

I've had success with having CDBI treat PostgreSQL VIEWs as TABLEs,
although rather than handling create/update/delete on the PostgreSQL
side I coded them on the Perl side.

Can you post a minimal self-contained code that illustrates your
compile problem?

Kings

 > justin tocci
 > fort wayne, in

Postgresql VIEWs
jtocci 16:10 on 01 Feb 2005

Re: Postgresql VIEWs
Kingsley Kerce 16:27 on 01 Feb 2005

Re: Postgresql VIEWs
Simon Wilcox 17:38 on 01 Feb 2005

Re: Postgresql VIEWs
Justin Tocci 17:54 on 01 Feb 2005

Re: Postgresql VIEWs
Andreas Fromm 08:27 on 02 Feb 2005

Re: Postgresql VIEWs
Justin Tocci 02:32 on 09 Feb 2005

Re: Postgresql VIEWs
Andreas Fromm 08:09 on 09 Feb 2005

Generated at 21:37 on 09 Feb 2005 by mariachi v0.52