Re: threaded apache2

From: Andrew Hartford
Subject: Re: threaded apache2
Date: 20:39 on 02 Feb 2005
On Tuesday 01 February 2005 05:40 pm, Perrin Harkins wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-02-01 at 17:30 -0500, Andrew Hartford wrote:
> > So is a threaded MPM not safe with Class::DBI?
>
> If the DBD you use is thread-safe, it will probably be fine.  Ima::DBI
> doesn't use XS code, and globals are not a problem for threads since
> nothing is shared by default.  However, you may well be the first person
> to try it.  Read the notes on threads in the DBI man page as well, and
> follow the advice about not opening database connections until after the
> threads are spawned.  In fact, you should probably avoid loading
> Class::DBI (or anything else) during startup when using a threaded MPM.
>
> - Perrin

Thanks for the info. It turns out we're going to be using prefork so I won't
have to work about it.

Andy

threaded apache2
Andrew Hartford 22:30 on 01 Feb 2005

Re: threaded apache2
Perrin Harkins 22:40 on 01 Feb 2005

Re: threaded apache2
Andrew Hartford 20:39 on 02 Feb 2005

Generated at 21:37 on 09 Feb 2005 by mariachi v0.52