Re: FromCGI warnings for non-required values

From: Patrick Paskvan
Subject: Re: FromCGI warnings for non-required values
Date: 18:31 on 03 Feb 2005
Oh, thanks for reminding me about versions.
I am also using CGI::Untaint 1.25 and
Class::DBI::FromCGI 0.94.

Thanks for your help,
Pat

--- Peter Speltz <peterspeltz@xxxxx.xxx> wrote:

> I have same problem. Since i upgraded to CGI::Untaint 1.25 any blank
> fields
> causes FromCGI to spit the ("<field> does not untaint with default
> pattern")
> message. I looked at CGI::Untaint. I think this may be the offending
> line in
> _do_extract sub , line 167.

>     # Do we have a sensible value? Check the default untaint for this
>     # type of variable, unless one is passed.

>     defined(my $raw = $self->{__data}->{$field})
>         or die "No parameter for '$field'\n";
>

> --- patrick_paskvan@xxxxx.xxx wrote:
>
> > I have looked at the code for this, and I think I have the answer,
> but just
> > wanted to be sure that I'm not missing something.  When using
> FromCGI, I set
> > up the "all," "required" and "ignore" lists.  All works as
> described, except
> > I was wasn't expecting to find that values that were not required,
> generate a
> > warning if they exist in the input data and are blank ("<field>
> does not
> > untaint with default pattern").
> >
> > It's clear that CGI::Untaint would generate this message, I just
> didn't
> > expect FromCGI to pass it along, in the same way it screens the "No
> parameter
> > for..." error.  Not that it's difficult to screen later.  I suppose
> that
> > "<field> does not untaint with default pattern" has a wider
> meaning.  Anyway,
> > this behaviour is intended, correct?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Pat
> >

> =====
> pjs

> http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250

FromCGI warnings for non-required values
patrick_paskvan 16:50 on 03 Feb 2005

Re: FromCGI warnings for non-required values
Peter Speltz 17:36 on 03 Feb 2005

Re: FromCGI warnings for non-required values
Patrick Paskvan 18:31 on 03 Feb 2005

Generated at 21:05 on 16 Mar 2005 by mariachi v0.52